WHAT DOES CHRISTIANSTED FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all of the sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
Social Security Number
account balances and payment history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members' information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list reasons financial companies can share their members' personal information; the reasons Christiansted Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
to offer our product and services to you
information about your transactions and experiences
information about your creditworthiness
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- you open an account or deposit money
- make a wire transfer or apply for financing
- make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Show your government issued ID
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- Sharing for affiliates everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights limit sharing.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or non-financial companies.
- Christiansted Federal Credit Union has no affiliates
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Christiansted Federal Credit Union does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
- A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Christiansted Federal Credit Union does not jointly market.